At Liberty HealthShare, members share more than just the cost of medical bills. They also share certain values and beliefs which contribute to a sense of community. Our members adhere to Christian principles that motivate them to lead a healthy lifestyle in order to maintain the body provided to them by God. In addition, Liberty HealthShare members follow the principle of “love your neighbor as yourself” set forth in Matthew 7. This concept is the basis of our members’ desire to assist each other in paying for eligible medical costs.
Liberty HealthShare members come together to help pay each other’s medical bills because they feel that it is the moral and ethical thing to do, and their values compel them to help each other in their time of need. These beliefs mobilize our members’ actions, and they relate to each other in community because of them. Our members pledge that they will aid, support, and devote their resources to one another in this most personal area of their life: their healthcare! This pledge is based on the following shared beliefs that all members agree to upon enrolling:
- We believe that our personal rights and liberties originate from God and are bestowed on us by God, and are not concessions granted to us by governments or men.
- We believe every individual has a fundamental religious right to worship the God of the Bible in his or her own way.
- We believe it is our biblical and ethical obligation to assist our fellow men and women when they are in need according to our available resources and opportunity.
- We believe it is our spiritual duty to God and our ethical duty to others to maintain a healthy lifestyle and avoid foods, behaviors or habits that produce sickness or disease.
- We believe it is our fundamental right of conscience to direct our own healthcare, in consultation with physicians, family or other valued advisors, free from government dictates, restraints and oversight.
If you agree with the premise of these shared beliefs, Liberty HealthShare may be the best choice for you when it comes to paying for your healthcare.
In addition to agreeing to these shared beliefs, our members agree to the following rules designed to promote a healthy lifestyle, which benefits all Liberty HealthShare members:
- Don't use tobacco in any form
- Don’t abuse alcohol, illegal drugs or prescription drugs
- Are healthy and lead a healthy lifestyle
- Agree with our shared beliefs (listed above)
This agreement allows all members to be confident that their money is spent in moral and ethical ways that align with the Christian values that bind together all Liberty HealthShare members.
At the end of the day, Liberty HealthShare is simply a group of people who come together, both financially and emotionally, to help each other through any eligible medical issues their fellow members may be facing. This is facilitated through a simple, six-step process, which allows you to choose the doctors you want to see, instead of restricting you to only the doctors on a list.