Do I Qualify?
Qualifying to be part of Liberty HealthShare℠ involves a commitment to living according to our shared values. You qualify if you:
- Don't use tobacco in any form
- Don’t abuse alcohol, illegal drugs or prescription drugs
- Are healthy and leading a healthy lifestyle
- Are in agreement with our shared beliefs (See Below)
Our Shared Beliefs
Our members come together to share medical bills because we believe it's the right thing to do. Our moral, ethical, and religious values compel us to care for and support each other during times of crisis. These Christian beliefs mobilize our actions, and they are the reason we relate to each other in community.
Statement of Shared Beliefs
- We believe that our personal rights and liberties originate from God and are bestowed on us by God and are not concessions granted to us by governments or men.
- We believe every individual has a fundamental religious right to worship the God of the Bible in his or her own way.
- We believe it is our biblical and ethical obligation to assist our fellow man when they are in need according to our available resources and opportunity.
- We believe it is our spiritual duty to God and our ethical duty to others to maintain a healthy lifestyle and avoid foods, behaviors or habits that produce sickness or disease.
- We believe it is our fundamental right of conscience to direct our own healthcare, in consultation with physicians, family or other valued advisors, free from government dictates, restraints and oversight.
These beliefs form the moral, spiritual and ethical basis for our interactions as a community. We make a somber and significant pledge to one another that we will aid, support and devote our resources to one another in this most personal area of our life: our healthcare!
If you can agree with that belief system, we were meant for each other!
We are a community that acts on our values.
The modern medical cost sharing movement was begun by a small band of Christians to practically demonstrate how to fulfill the command by Christ to ‘bear one another’s burdens’. In accordance with that practice, every member of Liberty HealthShareSM is expected to:
- Strive to live in accordance with biblical principles.
- Honor the biblical teaching to ‘share one another’s burdens’ (Gal. 6:2).
- Participate regularly in worship or prayer