Eligibility for Healthcare Sharing Programs
Find Out if You and Your Family Qualify for Liberty HealthShare
The members of our healthcare sharing programs don’t only share medical expenses—they also share a commitment to Christian principles and values.
As a like-minded community of health-conscious individuals and families, we support each other in times of need, taking seriously the biblical command found in Hebrews 13:16 to do good and share with others.
Our healthcare sharing programs are based on the idea that good stewardship of our health results in good stewardship of our medical care budgets.
We ask that prospective members sign five core statements of belief, freedom, and ethics, based on biblical principles:
- We believe it is our biblical and ethical obligation to assist our fellow man when they are in need according to our available resources and opportunity.
- We believe it is our spiritual duty to God and our ethical duty to others to maintain a healthy lifestyle and avoid foods, behaviors, or habits that produce sickness or disease.
- We believe it is our fundamental right of conscience to direct our own healthcare, in consultation with physicians, family, or other valued advisors, free from government dictates, restraints, and oversight.
- We believe that personal rights and liberties originate from God, are bestowed on us by God, and are not concessions granted to us by governments or men.
- We believe every individual has a fundamental religious right to worship the God of the Bible in their own way.
Within our shared statement of belief, we allow members to worship and apply the Bible according to their conscience.
While Liberty HealthShare began as a part of Gospel Light Mennonite Church, we do not require membership in a particular denomination or church to participate in our programs, and applicants do not need to provide recommendations from clergy or other spiritual leaders.
Our healthcare sharing programs are welcoming and inclusive of different faith traditions united by a shared commitment to core biblical principles of health, lifestyle, and stewardship.
Our community supports one another financially, but also through prayer, encouragement, and education. We are committed to helping participants in our healthcare sharing programs to become wise consumers of medical care, and also to improving the overall health of our community.
Through individual connection and the support of our HealthTrac program, we work alongside members as they build better habits and a healthier lifestyle.