How It Works: Connect, Give, Receive
As a Liberty HealthShare member, you are part of a community of both fellow members and ministry staff who care. Joining Liberty HealthShare connects you with people all over the country who have chosen to help one another in times of need as self-pay patients voluntarily sharing medical costs together.
Each member contributes a monthly share amount through his or her online ShareBox account. With our advanced ShareDirect bill payment system, the amount in a member's ShareBox is automatically transferred directly to another member's ShareBox for any eligible medical expense. Your contribution pays directly for another member's eligible medical cost, according to our Sharing Guidelines.
Member contributions are shared with you when you have an eligible medical need. You are free to choose your own doctor -- no networks in this membership! You decide the direction of your healthcare. Liberty HealthShare℠ works with both members and their medical providers to keep costs fair and reasonable for the good of the entire community.
Costs in Which Members Share
Medical costs are shared on a per person, per incident basis, for illnesses or injuries incurring medical expenses when treated by physicians, urgent care facilities, clinics, emergency rooms, or hospitals (inpatient and outpatient).
Members share these kinds of costs:
- Bills incurred per incident over the Single, Couple, or Family Annual Unshared Amount*
- Inpatient or outpatient hospital treatment or surgery for a medically diagnosed condition
- Doctor’s visits related to each medical incident
- Tier 4 prescriptions used for acute illness for the 45 days following each related medical incident
- Physical therapy and home health care, as limited by the Sharing Guidelines
- Limited sharing for pre-existing conditions for the first 13-36 months of participation
Expenses in which members do not share, including but not limited to:
- Pre-existing conditions for the first 12 months of participation
- Dental/vision services or procedures
- Tier 1-3 prescriptions
- Medical costs that fall below the Single, Couple or Family Annual Unshared Amount*
- Expenses other than accidents, acute illness, or injury within the first 60 days of membership.
See Sharing Guidelines for a complete list of shared and unshared costs.
*A medical expense eligible for sharing must exceed an Annual cumulative Unshared Amount (AUA) of $1,000 for a single, $1,750 for a couple, $2,250 for a family and is calculated upon each member's enrollment date until their next annual renewal date.